Virtual Assessment Centre reduces Time to Hire at Tesco Bank
Due to the pandemic and its unique set of challenges, we looked at developing a Virtual Assessment Centre to guarantee an effortless recruitment drive for Tesco Bank. Our goal was to ensure that the quality and fulfilment of the permanent headcount into the Customer Services team was not impacted by government restrictions. Homeworking was not an option for Tesco Bank’s new recruits. We adapted to the new situation and utilised digital platforms in order to provide the best recruitment experience for both the client and the candidates.
We have worked with Tesco Bank since 2018 to support their flagship Newcastle contact centre.
To create a fully virtual recruitment process for the Newcastle contact centre.
- End to end recruitment model for permanent hires in the customer contact centre
- Dual branded attraction campaign management
- Response management, sifting and pre-screening
- Online test administration
- Behavioural & competency-based Video Interviewing
- Management & facilitation of Virtual Assessment Centres
- Financial Services vetting
- Offer Management, Virtual Onboarding and Engagement
The new virtual talent acquisition and engagement processes resulted in:
- An unprecedented 95% attendance rate at Assessment Centre
- 98% Assessment Centre pass rate
- Time to hire reduced from 8 to 6 weeks (2 weeks financial services vetting included)
The new virtual talent acquisition and engagement processes resulted in an unprecedented 95% attendance rate and 98% pass rate. The time to hire was reduced from 8 to 6 weeks (2 weeks financial services vetting included).
Find out more
Why do I need RPO?
Rethink the way you recruit, optimise your approach to hiring talent and keep abreast of the latest tools and legislation.
How will it benefit me?
Measurement is intrinsic to the success of our work, demonstrating what works and where to improve, while informing future approach to resourcing processes and strategy.
“I just wanted to say how fantastic the whole experience was, not just for the candidates, but for us too. The [virtual] assessment centre was really professional and fun, the presentation was inspiring, the exercises were enjoyable, and relevant to the role and the calibre of candidates were strong. It felt like recruitment when we used to look after it in house and I was proud to be part of it! I came out of the assessment with a spring in my step and I can’t wait for next week."
Tesco Bank Newcastle
Related case studies
Get the latest news and resources delivered straight to your inbox